Sister-In-Law Dedicates 9 Months Of Her Life To Give Brother & His Wife A Wonderful Life

Sister-In-Law Dedicates 9 Months Of Her Life To Give Brother & His Wife A Wonderful Life
Rachel Wilcox, a 31-year-old Walton, Kentucky resident, volunteered to serve as a surrogate for her childless sister-in-law, Amanda Patterson, who had stage three colon cancer and can no longer give birth to her own children (pictured above).

Rachel Wilcox, a 31-year-old Walton, Kentucky resident, volunteered to serve as a surrogate for her childless sister-in-law, Amanda Patterson, who had stage three colon cancer and can no longer give birth to her own children (pictured above).


Some people will do just about anything for the people they love. For example, a woman recently volunteered to give birth to her sister-in-law’s child, who was made infertile after a battle with colon cancer.


According to reports, after discovering that her childless sister-in-law, Amanda Patterson, had stage three colon cancer and was therefore incapable of giving birth to her own children, Rachel Wilcox, a 31-year-old Walton, Kentucky resident, volunteered to serve as her surrogate.


Patterson, who had been suffering from extreme stomach pains, found out she had cancer back in 2014. Following the diagnosis, she underwent chemotherapy and radiotherapy. She also had surgery to remove a tumor and her thyroid, where the cancer had spread. “I was still trying to come to terms with everything when Rachel asked the doctor if I could have children, and he just looked at us and said ‘no,’” recalled Amanda while speaking with reporters.


Amanda Patterson in the hospital with stage three colon cancer.

Amanda Patterson in the hospital with stage three colon cancer.


“I was devastated, especially as Reid and I had only been together a matter of weeks,” she continued, referring to her husband-to-be. “I told him if he wanted out, then he could leave me, as not being able to have kids can be a deal-breaker. But he said he loved me and wanted to stay together,” she added.


During a pregnancy check-up, Wilcox, who was pregnant with her third child at the time, spoke to her doctor about her sister-in law’s situation. “I was telling my doctor about Amanda’s situation, during a pregnancy check-up, and she said ‘well you could become a surrogate,” mentioned Wilcox, adding, “I just laughed. I’d already told everyone my third baby was going to be my last pregnancy.”


Several years later, Wilcox was reminded of the doctor’s words during an Independence Day get-together. “It was July 4 last year and we were talking about what options they had to start a family. That’s when I remembered my doctor’s words and just thought to myself, ‘I could really be a surrogate,’” she explained.


“Before I’d even discussed it with Micah, I suggested it to Amanda. I don’t think she really took what I was saying seriously,” continued Wilcox. After their conversation, Patterson discussed the idea with Reid. Days later, they approached Wilcox and asked her to be their surrogate. Unsurprisingly, she happily agreed.


They ultimately decided to go with gestational surrogacy, which involved having Patterson’s egg and Reid’s sperm inseminated into Wilcox. Doing so causes the baby to not be genetically related to the surrogate and cost them over $50,000.


Earlier this year, a clinic informed Wilcox that she was pregnant with her sister-in-law’s child. She expects to give birth around October 4th. “My husband was totally supportive and didn’t think it was weird I was carrying his sister’s child. We both really want to help them have their own family,” mentioned Wilcox.


“It’s really strange, as with my children’s’ pregnancies, I remember feeling like I was a mother and dreaming about them. But with this pregnancy it’s so different, as I know it’s Amanda and Reid’s,” she continued, adding, “’I know I will always have a special bond with this girl, but I don’t feel like her mother. I feel like I am her carer. Like an extreme babysitter.”


Rachel Wilcox, a 31-year-old Walton, Kentucky resident who is pregnant with her sister-in-law's child.

Rachel Wilcox, a 31-year-old Walton, Kentucky resident who is pregnant with her sister-in-law’s child.


“There are no words to explain how grateful I am. Rachel is the most selfless human being I know,” mentioned Patterson, noting, “she’s sacrificed so much for us and we will never be able to repay her.”


Patterson’s praise of Wilcox is not unwarranted. This is because volunteering to carry someone else’s child is no small feat. The fact that she was willing to do it shows just how much she loved her sister-in-law.


Hopefully, those who support abortion read about situations like this and realize that there are people out there incapable of having children. Although Patterson couldn’t adopt because of her cancer diagnosis, countless other women who can’t have children can. Rather than let the unborn be slaughtered, pregnant women who want to abort should consider giving them to up for adoption.


The post Sister-In-Law Dedicates 9 Months Of Her Life To Give Brother & His Wife A Wonderful Life appeared first on Conservative Daily Post.


Source -> http://last-cabin.xfer.tk/2017/08/sister-in-law-dedicates-9-months-of-her-life-to-give-brother-his-wife-a-wonderful-life/

Comments