I Have Walked 10,000 Miles Without The Gift Of My Eyes

I Have Walked 10,000 Miles Without The Gift Of My Eyes
Linus Eliasson

This intimacy

is something I have only read about

not touched with the blue and grey of my eyes

you

I touch you

in the night light

with eyelashes that only shut to breathe

and we just lay there

song after song after song

staring at one another

your head resting in the bed of your elbow

and the tears fall

softly down my cheeks

like the salty pieces of unconditional love that is pulsing throw my heart

it as if I have walked for 10,000 miles without the gift of my eyes

just the sense of my feet

the wetness of my tongue

and then suddenly my eyes have sprouted from my heart

and all there is

is you

I believe our eyes are our hearts

not the windows to our soul

our souls float not in our chests

it takes everything in me to look away

from a moment I’ve been avoiding my entire life

this presence

is why we roam the earth thirsty and hungry

and it is what we so rarely feed ourselves

this morning I am still holding the blue

and two golden specks in your eyes

in my chest

this will forever be etched in sacredness in my heart. TC mark

Source -> http://last-cabin.xfer.tk/2017/05/i-have-walked-10000-miles-without-the-gift-of-my-eyes/

Comments